jueves, 29 de enero de 2009

Pues...

This is a little off subject, but its significance, whatever that may be, is heavy on me. I have been dreaming a lot since I arrived in Guatemala. Vivid, and some terrifying, dreams. I cannot recall the last time I have awaken, for so many days in succession, in such intense states. I do not know if the unfamiliar surroundings are the culprit, or something more intrinsic, but there they are and here I am.

Since Jack passed away, I have had very few dreams of him. More significant is the fact that in all of those dreams he is only in the form of an inherent, sensed presence. Sometimes it is just his voice. I have not seen him once since the summer of 2004, in life or dream. Last night, in my dream, we talked. Over the phone this time. The topic of conversation is inconsequential.

Today I have a dark cloud following me around. I am without much enthusiasm and lacking some serious spunk. Today I want to say I miss Jack. Today it is important to tell this to all of you.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hey Laurel it's me Christy

    I'm glad you have a blog. It's been nearly six years since I was down there but when I read your blog it feels like last month. I enjoy seeing Guatemala through your eyes.

    I remember experiencing really vivid dreams while living in Xela as well. I also want you to know that I recently lost a friend. She was actually murdered while living in Oaxaca http://www. indybay. org/newsitems/2008/09/26/18541460. php
    I've been trying to deal with that loss while traveling, adjusting to Oakland and trying to deal with Mark being gone while traveling south too. This morning Mark is boarding a plane for Guatemala and I woke up feeling overwhelmed by Salli's death again, I suppose Mark leaving may have a little to with experiencing her loss on another level. So, this morning while reading this blog entry I find myself connected to your words and I relate to your feelings, the cloud comes and goes in waves. I'm glad you opened up and shared. Be safe and I hope you and Mark get a chance to hang out and keep each other company while you are traveling. Cuidate mujer

    ResponderEliminar
  2. dreams, huh? you don´t say. I´ve had some weird ones just in the past two days since I got here. we should hang out. maybe see you next week. Take care,

    Mark

    ResponderEliminar